Many of today's "Big Data" come as gridded data ("arrays", "raster data"); typical representatives include spatio-temporal sensor, image, simulation, and statistics data. Through its SQL-embedded array query language, rasdaman is pioneer and world technology leader in flexible, fast, and scalable array analytics. The powerful paradigm of "What You Get is What You Need" maximises Quality of Service and minimizes latency.
With rasdaman community, a basic datacube engine is provided free and open. On top of this, rasdaman enterprise adds all aspects of scalability in a downwards compatible manner, such as:
- unlimited data scalability: proven on 100+ PB; using any existing archive "in-situ" (without data import, i.e., copying); fully automated, operatorless data import and maintenance; lossy and lossless data compression; and more.
- unlimited horizontal and vertical processing scalability: proven on 1,000+ Amazon cloud nodes; semantic caching; multi-core parallelization; distributed processing; planetary-scale location-transparent data center federation; hybrid edge/cloud processing; and more.
- unlimited functionality scalability: high-level datacube analytics language which needs no coding skills; link own code into the rasdaman server and make it available as part of the query language.
- security: access control down to single pixels; quota; billing; and more.
- clients, clients, clients: configurable dashboard, wide range of 3rd party clients for mapping, Web GIS, analytics, and visualization.
- open standards: OGC WCS Core Reference Implementation; official first INSPIRE Good Practice and most comprehensive INSPIRE coverage service implementation; listed in the GEOSS Component and Service Registry.
- free: available as open source in a lively, mature, and professionally managed open-source project supervised by Jacobs University, adopted as OSGeo foundation community project.
- cost-efficient: through intelligent, economic resource utilization and free source code.
Scalable by Design
Open Big Data Standards
rasdaman is official OGC and INSPIRE WCS Reference Implementation. It supports
- OGC WCS Core 2.0.1
- OGC WCS GET/KVP, POST, SOAP (unofficially: REST)
- OGC WCS Range Subsetting, Scaling, Interpolation, Processing, CRS, Transaction
- OGC WCPS
rasdaman has passed all tests of the OGC WCS Core and Extensions.
As such, it is the most comprehensive implementation of "Big Earth Datacube" standards worldwide.
Science, Engineering, and More: rasdaman Benefit Areas
Array data appear virtually everywhere in engineering, science, business, and administration, such as:
- Geospatial data: Web Mapping, oil/gas exploration, climate research, oceanography, disaster mitigation, etc. Our experience is sought so much that we even shape the Big Geo Data standards.
- Life Sciences: confocal microscopy, brain imaging, medical scanners such as X-ray, PET, fMRI, etc.
- Space Sciences: optical and radio astronomy, cosmological simulation, etc.
- Statistics: n-dimensional data cubes, as aka next-generation MOLAP system.
The rasdaman technology is available in two compatible editions. Open-source rasdaman community is freely available as source code from rasdaman.org; the performance boosters of prorietary rasdaman enterprise edition overlay in a compatible way.
On any of those alternatives, rasdaman offers highly effective hardware and software optimizations for best-of-breed performance.
Installation, maintenance for both rasdaman editions, as well as any further question - we gladly support with a tailored service portfolio.
Clients, clients, clients
It is common sense today that SQL is not a "natural" language for end users (except for those geeks). However, it remains an excellent client/server API to easily plug visual clients into databases. Same with rasdaman - and we have done this coupling already for many of the key tools users like to see, such as:
- Analytics tools: R, python, Java, C++, ...
- Visual geo clients: OpenLayers, Leaflet, NASA WorldWind, ...
- Geo workbenches: QGIS, MapServer, GeoServer, GDAL, OPeNDAP, Pyxis, ESRI ArcGIS, ...
A series of high-ranking innovation awards is marking the path of rasdaman. Below a selection of recent awards acknowledging rasdaman's technological lead, see the full list.