Many of today's "Big Data" come as gridded data ("arrays", "raster data"); typical representatives include spatio-temporal sensor, image, simulation, and statistics data. Through its SQL-embedded array query language, rasdaman is pioneer and world technology leader in flexible, fast, and scalable array analytics. The patented principle "What You Get is What You Need" maximises Quality of Service and minimizes latency.
- fast: parallel access to Exascale archives and Terabyte objects in fractions of a second.
- scalable: seamlessly from laptop to high-parallel, high-availability clouds and server farms.
- flexible: "Array SQL" for navigation, extraction, processing, and ad-hoc analysis. Array data can reside in a conventional database, in files optimized by rasdaman, or in some pre-existing archive.
- open standards as issued by OGC: WMS, WCS, WCS-T, WCPS; rasdaman is WCS Core Reference Implementation and listed in the GEOSS Component and Service Registry.
- free: available as open source in a lively, mature, and professionally managed open-source project supervised by Jacobs University, in incubation by the OSGeo foundation.
- cost-efficient: through intelligent, economic resource utilization and free source code.
Open Big Data Standards
rasdaman is official OGC and INSPIRE WCS Reference Implementation. It supports
- OGC WCS Core 2.0.1
- OGC WCS GET/KVP, POST, SOAP (unofficially: REST)
- OGC WCS Range Subsetting, Scaling, Interpolation, Processing, CRS, Transaction
- OGC WCPS
rasdaman has passed all tests of the OGC WCS Core and Extensions.
As such, it is the most comprehensive implementation of "Big Earth Datacube" standards worldwide.
Science, Engineering, and More: rasdaman Benefit Areas
Array data appear virtually everywhere in engineering, science, business, and administration, such as:
- Geospatial data: Web Mapping, oil/gas exploration, climate research, oceanography, disaster mitigation, etc. Our experience is sought so much that we even shape the Big Geo Data standards.
- Life Sciences: confocal microscopy, brain imaging, medical scanners such as X-ray, PET, fMRI, etc.
- Space Sciences: optical and radio astronomy, cosmological simulation, etc.
- Statistics: n-dimensional data cubes, as aka next-generation MOLAP system.
The rasdaman technology is available in two compatible editions. Open-source rasdaman community is freely available as source code from rasdaman.org; the performance boosters of prorietary rasdaman enterprise edition overlay in a compatible way.
On any of those alternatives, rasdaman offers highly effective hardware and software optimizations for best-of-breed performance.
Installation, maintenance for both rasdaman editions, as well as any further question - we gladly support with a tailored service portfolio.
Clients, clients, clients
It is common sense today that SQL is not a "natural" language for end users (except for those geeks). However, it remains an excellent client/server API to easily plug visual clients into databases. Same with rasdaman - and we have done this coupling already for many of the key tools users like to see, such as:
- Analytics tools: R, python, Java, C++, ...
- Visual geo clients: OpenLayers, Leaflet, NASA WorldWind, ...
- Geo workbenches: QGIS, MapServer, GeoServer, GDAL, OPeNDAP, Pyxis, ESRI ArcGIS, ...
A series of high-ranking innovation awards is marking the path of rasdaman. Below a selection of recent awards acknowledging rasdaman's technological lead, see the full list.